Thursday 25 August 2016

WTF! Sometimes I just wanna scream - Day 15

To give you an accurate picture of my current mindset we have to start at 7:20 AM. I'm on route to the office listening to KFM I was canning myself at the silly little Faux Pas that the DJ's make, so the world is up in arms about a 12 -year old singer that was featured on America's Got Talent - Grace VanderWaal, somewhere in her heritage there's Dutch/German we Afrikaners have the Van Der Waal's  too. She is without a doubt going to be HUGE and I will put money on the fact that she will win America's Got Talent 2016 in a few days. She has a very wistful, hypnotic sound, a sound very similar to the music I love, and make.

If you haven't heard her, do yourself a quick fav and watch her latest performance:

Now I'm by no means saying the girl isn't talented, she really is. But there are artist's out there already with a similar sound, so when people tell me she has a unique sound (the morning show Radio Dj's in this particular instance) I want to flip out. The 2nd blunder in the same sentence, is stating how the US have things right with cultivating young American talent, then they mention "The Biebs" Justin Bieber - Uh hello guys, he is Canadian! Wrong example to use.

The truth is there are many many talented performers out there, the difference between getting discovered or not....is timing.

Being at the right place at the right time, can and will make or break an artist or band. As a qualified Producer myself, with a small independent Production Company, I am fully aware of the greatness that lies out there, it's all about cultivating it. I love finding new talent and working with independent musicians. Here are a few female vocalists, who may not be as "well known" but still have the talent and very similar vocal stylings.

From the US


Gnash Ft Olivia O'Brien - I Hate You, I Love You  
(I'm talking about her voice here folks)














Melanie Martinez - Mad Hatter












Halsey - Ghost  - Please also listen to the Acoustic(Stripped) Version














From South Africa : Ryki - Please Try














UK Based Singers:


Kate Nash - Foundations 














Imogen Heap - Hear me Out (Also known as Frou Frou she was in the Duo)


From Canada

Sarah McLachlan - Angel (One of my all time favourites)


In fact if we rewind to the nineties and earlier, we can look at artists, like Jewel, K's Choice, Lene Marlin, Michelle Branch, Bethany Joy Lenz, Kate Vogel, to name a few this vocal style was and remains loved! - I think I've made my point.

Suddenly Liezl V is telling me(she does traffic on KFM) that a mains water pipe has burst just outside the building I work, and even better the entire block is closed off -this presented several wonderful little "challenges" for me. Why did I use qoutes, so you can sense the sarcasm dripping from my lips. 

Challenge one would be that there would be traffic or should I say, more traffic than usual & two, I would either not be able to get to my designated parking area at all, or it would take a small miracle to get to it. When I eventually got to the turn off, I was met with a complete road closure, I had to circle round the block and attempt to reach it from the other side - nope also sealed. Okay I know what you're thinking, just find street parking...No people this is Cape Town, motorists here have no respect for road rules, they make 'em as they go along. those beautiful Red and Yellow lines, they're for decoration "to brighten your day" what I'm saying is that every possible place to park a car is already taken, including the illegal spots.

After circling round the block twice, I decided to put my hazards on and cornered one of the traffic officers, I explained that they either had to radio up to the other side to move a cone, or let me through that side so I could park inside our office park, the latter won out...finally.

Not the ideal way to start the day, but alas we plunder on. On Wednesday's I don't take a lunch break so that I can leave early and attend a Pilates class at my gym. This also means that I don't get my 2km walk in over lunch, which FYI I already had to skip on Monday cause no one was in the office but me - my step goal is suffering this week. Bleh.

I didn't get away on time and to add insult to injury the stupid closed road, caused a massive backlog in traffic, it took me 22min  to do 1 Kilometer! Sufficed to say, I was late for Pilates - so I opted to take a stroll in the vineyard at home instead.Today was going to be my first weigh in and measuring day to check my progress....why did I say Was??? Because it did not happen - My Landlord's cleaner Wendy comes to my cottage supposedly once a week to wash floors and vacuum(but hasn't for the last 5 weeks) and unfortunately she decided that my sheet of paper with the measurements on was garbage. 
She chucked it!!!!! ARGH ARGH ARGH - ANGRY BIRDS FACE.

Now we start again, look I can see and feel a difference in my tightest clothing and there has been a small drop in weight(from what I remember) but I don't get to phased about the numbers on the scale(mainly because muscle weighs more than fat), to me it's more about centimeter loss, overall BMI and optimizing my health. So...I will weigh and measure myself in the morning on an empty stomach and then have my official first weigh in and measure in 2 weeks time. Such a buzzkill.


Day 15 - Food Diary

Water: 2l
Tea: 1 Cup Rooibos Tea, (2 tea bags), 1 Brown Sugar, Milk
Coffee: 2 Cups, 1 Brown Sugar, Milk Special Coffee: 1 Nescafe Vanilla Latte

Breakfast - Apple

Mid morning Snack: 80g Yoghurt

Lunch - Beef Stroganoff & Cauliflower Rice (made last night)

Afternoon Snack - None

Dinner - Lemon Butter Chicken & Broccoli with Cheese (5-8min cooking time)

I was in a rush today with dinner so it was short and sweet, quite possibly even a bit boring. The key is to use spices of your choice on your chicken after it has been steamed.

Ingredients:
100-200g Broccoli
100g Chicken Breast (Deboned & Skinless)
40g Cheese
Spices of your choice - I used oregano, vegetable spice
Fresh Lemon
My Dipping Sauce : Paarlman's Blue Cheese Salad Dressing




Today I leave you with some inspiration and a laugh. Ciao






 







No comments:

Post a Comment