Monday 29 August 2016

Phuza Thursday #Day16


In South Africa we have 11 official languages, "phuza" is the Zulu word for “drink”  so a few years ago, society decided that we South Africans like to party on Thursdays too and it was aptly renamed Phuza Thursday’s since it’s inception, many bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants have jumped on the bandwagon and tend to have great live music, as well as drink & food specials running on Thursdays.


Today was not a typical diet regime Thursday, but as mentioned on Monday I knew we would be meeting an institutional partner for drinks after work so I had to provision for those extra calories.  I did this by doing a semi-fasted day.

I had no breakfast or mid-morning snack and had a Caesar salad as a late lunch, to at least line the stomach.

My Chicken Caesar Salad consisted of:
Grilled chicken, Parmesan shavings, Baby Cos Salad and an Anchovy dressing, I did get them to leave the croutons out. There was no egg or bacon in this particular Caesar salad.


I did end up having 3 glasses of Chenin Blanc – 360 Calories
(There are 120 calories in 1 5 fluid ounce serving of Chenin Blanc Wine) 4 Tequila’s – 256 calories( depending on the variant of Tequila there are between 64-69 Calories in a tequila shot.)




This Tequila video is hilarious. 

 




Yeah, in hindsight we ended up having a bit of a late night. But do not be worried, for every glass of vino, I had a glass of water too – this upped my intake of water to 3l for the day, which should help mitigate the damage done by the booze.

I think that realistically it’s okay to “fall off the horse” so to speak, as long as you take your flops into account and ensure you get right back on the horse.

The events of the evening unfortunately did not end there, on the way home I got a flat tyre - FANFUCKING TASTIC! I was between Camps Bay and Hout Bay on an outstretch of road with poor signal. 1st For Women, my insurer were not reachable on their "Guardian Angels" line, so essentially I was Fucked.

I couldn't believe the amount of vehicles who just zoomed by - bearing in mind that I was woman alone at roughly now 12:00AM in the morning. After about the 15th car that just zipped by, I decided to actively wave the next one down - and low and behold they stopped! There are still good people in the world. Initially we tried to change the tyre ourselves but for some reason my "jack" did not have a key. Shame my rescuers as they are now aptly called, offered to use theirs and  in the process it got bent. So that idea was a wash. Eventually after about another 15 min I was able to get a hold of 1st for women, they advised that their driver would be about an hour.

While we waited for the "Guardian Angel" to arrive the 3 of us had a great conversation - they happened to be muso's too. It's really rare to just randomly meet such like minded people, nevertheless we did.  We wanted to get the spare wheel pumped up so it would be a quick tyre change, unfortunately the "car gods" had other plans for me, now of all times, my car's lighter was stuck!!!!! Argh sometimes the saying: "Anything that can go wrong...will" Is too bloody true! Luckily their lighter worked just fine so we did manage to get the spare wheel pumped up. It was closer to 1.5 hours, before the  "Guardian Angel" got there. Through all of this I have to say both Eben and Jana were awesome, they didn't have to wait for me, but they did. My tyre was changed and we all got away from there at around 1:40AM, just goes to show, that you can make friends in the most obb places.

Daily Data:

Water: 3l
Wine: 3 x 120ml Chenin Blanc
Tequila: 4 x 25ml Shots 
Food: Chicken Ceasar Salad 

Jawbone UP3 Tracker Data:
Step Goal: 6500                Actual: 6260 (240 steps short)
Sleep Goal: 7hr                 Actual 3hr 45m (Bleh)

Tomorrow is another day, I leave you with some words of wisdom and a minion meme. Ciao Ciao





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment