Friday 19 August 2016

Day 9 - Finding My Chi


When feeling down, I always turn to music, I find a jam that epitomizes what I’m feeling and if I can’t find one, I turn to songs that have something that resonates within me, whether it makes me nostalgic or just helps to get that hop back in my step –there’s always a song that can make things better!



For this week I have 2 Jams one is inspiring and drives my nostalgia, making me replay some really great times in my life and instilling that sense of wanting deep within me. The track that’s doing that for me right now is without a doubt : Lukas Graeme- 7 Years. Fuck me this song!!!!! If you haven’t heard it before please do yourself a favour and go listen to it here.




Okay now that your caught up, Lukas Graeme brings to the table what Gavin De Graw brought over a decade ago, there’s a story in his voice. A tortured soul, like many of us – life can be brutal and savage, it tests us, people betray us, our hearts get broken, we experience loss, and if in general, the smaller things don’t always go our way, but we gotta decide: To fall or to rise up? I guess that’s always the question.

This song makes me think about my life, love, friendships, work, family and goals and it awakens within in me the spirit of going forward, reaching up and just wanting to live life!



Song number 2 is the dance jam, now I have many, many, many songs from many genre’s that make me wanna break out into a two step, a little Klitse Klitse! For this week it’s gotta be JT man, Yo this guy – he never ceases to amaze me! I loved his early work with NSYNC (I am an 80’s child and was a Tween when he was in this boyband), I really enjoyed his colab with Black Eyed Peas in the early 2000’s for Where is the Love, after which his solo career continued to bring an array of awesome tracks. FUTURE LOVE SOUNDS – Yes Justin, you always bring Sexy back! JUSTIFIED was also good, THE 20/20 Experience – where honestly I only ever heard Mirrors get airplay in SA. I don’t know if I skipped any, but without a doubt the guy’s got talent. It will come as no surprise then, that this is my week’s dance jam:










Finding my “Chi" put a smile on my dial and I went for a 2km walk during my lunch break again. I was armed with some feel-good music on my phone, popped my headphones on and strolled down Main Str, Green Point, people probably thought “That bitch be crazy”. I was using the benches as step blocks, doing little jump ups and downs in between my power walk and yes during my dance jam, I danced baby! By the time I got back to the office, with 20min to spare no less, I felt back on top of the world and super motivated.

Gym was good, I did have to wait for a lane again but eventually got one, note to self, I wish my gym would get a sauna. Nothing like a good steam after a work out. I did the 80 laps I was shooting for 2km in distance, I can tell you though that yesterday's Pilates are with me today. I am feeling every single muscle in my ass and in my core. It burns eish! But I suppose that is a great thing, it means the muscles are working.

I did have an okay food day  - Food Diary Day 9

Water Intake : 2.25l
Tea: None
Coffee: 3, Milk, 1 Brown Sugar 
Juice: 200ml Strawberry Juice 100% Pure
Special Coffee: 1 x Vanilla Latte 328kj

Breakfast - 1 Boiled Egg

Mid Morning Snack - None

Lunch - Left over Stir Fry (Yes I realize this is 2 days old, but it's been in an air-locked container and in the fridge, so I'll be perfectly fine.)

Afternoon Snack - 80ml Yogurt

Dinner : Mince Beef Curry With a Twist

Ingredients - 2 Portions 

200g Beef Mince (Lean)                80g Carrots
80g Corn                                        80g Green Beans
80g Mushrooms                             80g Onions
1Tbsp Curry Powder                     1 Sachet Cup of Soup Lite
2 Teaspoons Soup Powder            Garlic
Cayenne Pepper
Cinnamon

Here is the video, due to File Size it's on my You Tube Channel: Minced Beef Curry (With a Twist) Zestier Productions

My special cravings were working over time and I did indulge a little and had dessert.


70g Strawberries
30ml Cream

JAWBONE UP3 Data

Step Goal: 6500                      Actual: 9287
Sleep Goal: 7hr                       Actual: 7h4m (Yay - a good night's rest makes all the difference)
Resting Heart Rate: 63 Bpm
Highest Heart Rate: 79 Bpm

I'll leave you with a few funnies and some pearls of wisdom below. Ciao Ciao for now everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment